Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Daily Logs

Daily Logs



Since I've been assigned as training officer of our department, I've focused on my role as teacher and trainer, and I embody this role in all my other responsibilities whether in the medical schools where I teach, at the hospital where we have resident physician trainees, or even with my staff in our NGO The Share A Child Movement Inc.  I aim for other people to learn from me, a little something everyday.  The more proper perspective is for me to assist THEM in their self-directed learning.

So one suggestion by the training office is to have a daily diary or a daily log of things you have achieved for that day, or things you have learned.  Back in UST med school days, a favorite surgery consultant introduced me to the "one-fourth sheet of paper a day" addition in knowledge.  I should not be content until I am able to fill up one fourth sheet of paper with new learning.  Regardless of the source, we do learn something new everyday.

Hence, here is my "notebook" for everyone to see.  I realize that my blogs need not be long academic articles that is publish-worthy.  I can publish even simple thoughts that might induce other people to start thinking as well.

I have learned about the outcome-based education, same as the output impact orientation in social development.  They all point to the same thing:  the end measurement of success is the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment