Friday, May 18, 2018

Establishing Personal Learning Networks

SUPACA Youth Advocates Writer's Challenge


It was some years ago when Dr Iris Thiele Isip-Tan invited me to join her in a health activist writer's challenge with a topic to write about each day for a month.  Write ups don't need to be kilometric letters, just random thoughts on a blog.  I wondered if anyone would read what I wrote, and surprisingly friends started commenting that they actually read my blog.

There was once a saying "children should be seen, not heard..." we want to change that today.  It's amazing what kids think of and what kids can do. Adults can learn from kids. So let's teach them how to apply what they've learned.  We need to provide them opportunities to express higher levels of learning: understanding, applying, creating.

Here's to my SUPACA kids, learning about social media and how to maximize this powerful tool to make a positive impact on today's society.

No comments:

Post a Comment