Monday, April 29, 2019

Love from Afar


I wish I could let you know...

...that I think highly of you and hold you dear
...that I speak fondly of you when with friends
...that I keep you close to my heart even when we're almost always apart
...that I pray every night that you be safe as you travel the world
...that I send my kisses thru the wind and warm hugs thru the moonlight
...that I caress your face with the gentlest touch of the breeze as you gaze across the horizon
...that I have begun to view the world through the lenses of your eyes and your photographs
...that I long for the day when you would realize that I am here waiting for you to have time to take that vacation at the beach with me as we planned
...that I am too old for unrequited love, too serious for a casual fling, too mature to think that I can find romantic love, too fat to defy the laws of attraction
...that despite the many hours I pour into my work, it is during these quiet hours past midnight when I remember the things I regret by not taking the chance with you
...that tears run down my face each time I wake up in the morning realizing everything was just a dream, and I am just a friend, that you don't return my feelings
...that these feelings I have for you will never be expressed
...that I can never make myself vulnerable for a rejection, which would leave me helpless and hurt

So I write this here, and I will keep on wishing that somehow you would realize that I am someone who loves you from afar...



1 comment:

  1. Woow! that picture is so very amazing! that very clear water makes me swim on that picture :) Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete