Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Giving and Receiving

 I received a lot of gifts this Christmas.  More than the actual value of the gift, I appreciate the fact that they remembered me and they considered me important enough to give a gift.

One of the more memorable gifts are personalized mugs, with one catching my attention because it had "Love, Engr Kevin" written after my name... so the next time I have a bad day, I will use this cup for my morning coffee to remember that someone loves me.  He says "every day should be a love day..."



The other memorable gift is from Dr Debbie Abdul, my close friend from RESEARCH in Cebu Doctors' University.  The gift is unexpected and has made my showers refreshing with sweet orange scent, much like aromatherapy to uplift the start of the day.  This reminds me of Dr Helen Amorin who relished her lavander soaps and shower gels (God bless her soul).  It is up to us to find comfort in the small everyday things we use and encounter to boost our mental health.


On the flip side, it also provides psychic fulfillment to GIVE more than to receive.  

When Dr Bon Bala informed us that Ozamiz was flooded, we mobilized a donation drive to purchase much needed medicines, underwear, shirts and blankets for the evacuation centers.


With cash donations, we coordinated with the PHARMACY to purchase antibiotics, paracetamol, vitamin C, cough syrup, Oresol and other medicines.  The girls also headed for the wholesale markets to buy clothes which were among the immediate needs of the evacuees.


This was received the next night at the Mayor Hilarion A Ramiro Sr (MHARS) Medical Center in Ozamiz.










No comments:

Post a Comment