Thursday, October 3, 2019

Driving ROSEBUD home

I went on a three-day drive with my brother Nicholas, and I had been too busy in the past to write about it, but I would like to park this here now before I forget.

It took us three days from September 12 to 14, 2019.  The first day we drove from Cebu City to the north in Medellin where we took the ferry barge to Leyte.

Ferry boat from north Cebu to Leyte

Once we landed in Leyte late afternoon, we drove until we reached Tacloban around 7:00 in the evening. Roads were already dark and so we decided to sleep over.  Having dinner with Dr Llamera, the parents of one of my residents, I felt that we were on a great adventure!



The following morning westarted as early as 5:00 a.m. driving across San Juanico bridge, filming the whole crossing experience and realizing only at the end that I failed to push the START button.

From Allen in Samar, we took the ferry boat to cross to Matnog in Sorsogon.


Although my broter certainly could drive through the night and reach Las Pinas in 24 hours, I consdered it prudent to rest for the night.


SM Legazpi City was a safe place to find dinner, so we passed by Gerry's grill, and I caught up with a former trainee who is currently in his 3rd year of residency training.


Meeting up with Dr Jay Nath Sah

We realized the convenience of Air BNB when we found a place to stay for the night.

...abangan ang susunod na kabanata...

No comments:

Post a Comment