Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The moment I wake up







As soon as I wake up, I am forced to pause for a few minutes every morning to reflect. Morning stiffness, joint pains and tenderness force me to keep still while ny mind is already going thru rewind of the previous day's activities and fastforward of today's plan of things to do... All the while thanking God for another day of opportunities and golden moments of making a difference in the world.

I find this arthritis inconvenient. I never like dealing with pain. I complain at the slightest discomfort.  But I console myself with phrases I use in counselling

"God won't give you anything you can't handle..."

and

"Everything happens for a reason."

With these in mind, I embrace my morning pains and I thank the Lord for allowing me to wake up to share this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment