Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Introduction to Mentoring

I am taking masterals degree in health professionals education at UP NTTC-HP.  One of our subjects is mentoring for health professionals.  So I am tasked to choose trainees to mentor for a specific period of time.

Since I am on my last few months of my position as training officer, I decided to choose my incoming 4th year residents to mentor in preparation for the PBOG accreditation  of our residency training program.  Thankfully, they agreed.  Apparently, they think that I can add something to their training, value enough to meet with me for one hour every week for mentoring.



The hospital accreditation evaluates knowledge, clinical competence, surgical skills, research and attitudes.  They will look into the instructional design of the residency training program, looking into the appropriate competencies of each year level.  They will also look into the statistics, accomplishment logbooks and career portfolios of the residents.  Hence, we agreed that for our first meeting, we will have our strategic planning on what we shall tackle for the rest of our mentoring sessions.

Good luck to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment