Monday, September 9, 2019

Treatment Partner


When we do anti-retroviral (ARV) drug adherence counselling, we advice the PLHIV patient to look for that life partner to whom:

  1. the patient can share the secret of one's HIV status,  
  2. support the patient thru challenges encountered due to one's HIV status and
  3. help remind the patient to take meds the same time everyday.


It wasn't until I started taking maintenance meds for hypertension that I truly realized the importance of the treatment partner. Am so glad that I am single and spoiled to have a mommy who takes care of me, prepares my baon everyday and reminds me to take my maintenance meds (baliktad ang mundo ngayon)... Thank you ma!


In life, everybody needs somebody to witness one's life journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment