Saturday, February 1, 2020

When DUTY calls





This week I responded to a call of duty, to take over as officer in charge of two high ranking officials who had to go on leave for medical reasons.  This was the pile of paperwork I had to sift through everyday.  Not complaining about my arthritis and my long signature, I did what I was expected to do.  Considering the fact that I could not step down as training officer, I began to delegate my work and tried not to care so much whether they were done how I wanted things to be done, or whether they were done at all.  I had to let go.  Sometimes, done is better than perfect.

On top of work that was given to me, I also did work that I assigned to myself.  PAKIKIALAM is insinuating yourself where you may or may not have any business getting involved in.  It may a good thing or a bad thing.  It's good because you care enough to get involved with someone else.  However, it may be bad, especially when your achievements make other people look bad.

Meetings were held and policies and guidelines were laid out.  Next on the things to do would be implementation of all that planning.

It hurts me though when people misunderstand the things you do, to the point of taking measures against you.  It hurts most deeply when it involves people you love.


We were asked to describe how this photo reflects our teaching.  For me, the waters may be unpredictable: sometimes tranquil but often turbulent and chaotic.  Both learner and teacher ride the banca together to enter the mouth of the cave where we both will discover and learn together all the unknowns.  Where there is darkness, we will bring our light so that all who see it will be illuminated by its guiding light.







No comments:

Post a Comment