Monday, August 24, 2020

Be Blessed



Over the weekend I was feeling sorry for myself because I realized that at 42 years old, my contemporaries have already established their own households and have sent their kids thru highschool, while I remain dependent on my mother without any savings and without any investments to my name.

I tagged along to the mountain barangays for home visit of our scholars and their families.  I was humbled to think that these nuclear families have nothing, not even the land on which they built their homes, the land which they till to plant gladiolas, the chickens and ducks that keep them company... These are not theirs, but they remain happy with what little they have and even share with others.  How dare I complain when I have so much more than they have, and I feel unhappy.  I need to remind myself to be blessed!


When you feel down, count your blessings.  It works for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment