Saturday, August 8, 2020

Push ups for Mental Health

 

I started the 25 day push up challenge to promote mental health and suicide awareness.  All I had to do was perform 25 push ups each day, video it and share it quietly with my scholars.  Soon after, they started posting their own videos.  I don't know when I stopped doing the push ups, but mental health promotion and suicide prevention was still topmost on my mind.  With all the things happening these days, it is feels so easy to fall into the trap of giving up.

They may be kids, teenagers struggling thru puberty and concerns growing up... but they learn the language of love and supporting each other and communicating with compassion.

As we face more than the 25 day push challenge, like we face and accept the challenges of life, we need to be thankful for community.  So that no matter how lonely physical isolation may feel, we are grateful for the support of others rooting for us to succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment