Saturday, May 1, 2021

Writing my COVID-19 Story









I was musing about why I write blogs.  It feels like an adult version of my grade school diary and high school journal.  

My mother taught me that I should either have a child, plant a tree or write a book as a stake into eternity.  I've already planted several trees but I doubt if I would still have a child at this point in time. My best bet would be writing a book.

So let's talk more about writing.  COVID-19 frontline healthcare workers would have their own story to tell.  So do patients and COVID-19 survivors.  Hence, there is a proliferation of research journals on COVID-19 accessible for free.  Qualitative research tells us these stories and lived experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.  At the same time, institutions have begun writing books to tell these stories as well.

1.  Would you rather maintain a blog or write a book or conduct research? Why?

2.  As a healthcare professional, what would be your motivation for writing?

3.  How would you advice healthcare professionals who are contemplating on starting a blog or writing a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment