Monday, April 13, 2015

#HAWMC Day 12: Day of Rest

#HAWMC Day 12: Day of Rest

I have a number of blog posts piled up to be written and published, mainly because I was out of town somewhere in Dumaguete City where there was erratic internet access.  I thought it would be sort of a vacation, sight-seeing and putting my feet up to rest.  Unfortunately, work seems to catch up with me wherever I go.  

Mark, a colleague at the conference, asked me "what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?"... I stared at him, flabbergasted.  I had no answer to his question.  He laughed and added "so, do you have spare time?" and it was then that I realized that I am a workaholic.  I tend to accumulate all these activities that I want to jampack into 24 hours of a day.  There is so much I want to do in my life yet, it's like I might run out of time.  Carpe diem seems not able to capture the way I've led my life.  It's not even sufficient to suck the marrow out of life - there seems to be a restlessness in me that will not rest until some unknown goal is achieved.

Fortunately, I am able to enjoy the scenery and it is these sights that relax me the most:


Whether it is sitting on a beach, enjoying the sand, sun, wind and sky...


Or driving down country roads and exploring new places, beholding the beauty of the Philippines. Have you ever seen such blue like that?


Or cherishing the rare times I can arise with the sun, kissing the sea across the horizon... simply thanking God for a new chance at life and for giving us all these bounteous blessings.

There is beauty in a new day.  There is hope for the future.  So long as I wake with my beautiful roses blooming, I am happy.


Helen Madamba, traveller, happy with nature, pretty little rosebud.

No comments:

Post a Comment